Seafood / Meat Recipes
San Choy Bow (Asian Lettuce Wraps)
- 100g capsicums (red, green & yellow), finely diced
100g carrot, finely diced
20g dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked, drained and diced
300g chicken meat, skinned, boned and diced
150g chestnut, diced
100g prawns, shelled, de-veined and diced
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 head lettuce, separate into 12 cups
3 tbsp Woh Hup Peking Duck Sauce
1½ tbsp Woh Hup Premium Light Soy Sauce
½ tsp starch, a pinch of
white pepper powder
1 tsp starch, ½ tsp Woh Hup Pure Sesame
- Wash, dry and trim lettuce leaves into cup shape. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Marinade prawn and chicken meat. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok or saucepan, add in garlic and shallot and stir fry until fragrant.
- Mix in chicken meat and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir in sauce-mix, prawn meat as well as other ingredients and stir fry till done.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the mixture into the centre of each lettuce cup, and fold in the ends and sides of lettuce leaf. Or you can roll up leaf around the filling, like a burrito and serve. Enjoy