Seafood / Meat Recipes
Thai Tom Yum Fried Fish (Serves: 3-4)
- 1 whole (600-700g) fresh fish / red snapper
3 ½ tbsp Woh Hup Tom Yum Paste
150ml coconut milk or condensed milk
Vegetable oil for deep frying
100g onion, shredded
Sugar to taste
- Rub marinade over the fish on both sides and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, deep fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Dish up and drain.
- Leave 2 tbsp oil in wok. Sauté shredded onion in oil until fragrant.
- Add in Woh Hup Tom Yum Paste, coconut milk and sugar and cook until the gravy comes to boil.
- Pour gravy over fish. Serve hot with rice.
Chef's Note: Prevent fish skin from sticking to the pan and retain its freshness. Heat oil over high heat, brush both sides of the fish lightly with egg mixture and switch to lower heat for frying.