Seafood / Meat Recipes
Rib-eye with Mushroom Sauce
- 400g rib-eye
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp oil,
- Cut rib-eye into 2 slices, sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Wash and cut mushrooms into thin slices, Shred shallots, garlic and onion for later use.
- Heat pan and add 1 tbsp oil, add in rib-eye slices and fry according to personal preference.
- Heat pan with oil, fry onions, shallots and garlic till fragrant. Add in mushroom slices and fry till fragrant. Add in white wine, chicken stock and water and cook till seasonings permeate the mushrooms, approximately for 3 minutes.
- Add in roux, cook and stir till mushroom sauce becomes thick and glossy. (According to preference, add in 1 tbsp of butter to enhance the taste.)
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp oil
150ml cold water
6g butter (optional)
- Heat oil in pan, add in flour (at oil temperature 160°C), fry over low heat until slightly yellow and smell dissipates. Add in butter and fry evenly, Pour into bowl.
- Add cold water into bowl and stir into light paste for use.